You have no items in your basket.
In this post, we have outlined some of the most common health symptoms that dog owners would be wise to watch out for.
• Fleas – Fleas are a common concern for any dog owner and can result in serious injury even death to young puppies.
If steps aren’t taken to treat fleas they could even end up taking residence in your house. The best way to prevent fleas is to make use of dog flea treatments like a dog flea collar or a flea drop, such as the Johnsons Large Flea and Tick Drops. However, if you notice fleas have already started spreading in your home a Bob Martin Home Flea Bomb will soon have it cleared.
• Pale gums – As a general rule dogs should have healthy pink gums and if they happen to have gums that are grey or bleeding then it is a sure sign of disease or infection. If you find this is the case then it would be advisable to consult a vet.
• Diarrhoea – A symptom that you can always recognise left untreated diarrhoea can lead to dehydration and must be monitored closely. If you find that your dog has diarrhoea then it would be advisable to check their diet or inspect whether they could have accidentally ingested something. If symptoms persist contact your vet.
• Split and bleeding claws – This little-known health concern can be a real pain for dogs. If a dog’s claws become too long then there is a real danger of the claws splitting and breaking, which can lead to severe bleeding and pain. Remember to regularly make use of nail clippers to trim down your dog’s claws.
• Ear infections – Ear infections are a serious business and should be addressed by a vet at the soonest opportunity. However, you can make use of an ear cleanser such as the Johnsons Ear Cleanser to avoid the problem. These antibacterial, non-irritant and non-staining wipes are an ideal way to dissolve and aid in the removal of wax and other debris from your pet’s ears.
• Overweight – Overfeeding of your dogs can be a serious problem. Whether it’s through too many dog treats or not enough time running around the garden with their favourite dog toy, an overweight dog can be in real trouble. The best way to help your pet get back to shape is to make use of a light dog food. In combination with healthy, regular exercise your dog will be shedding the pounds in no time.